Frequently Asked Questions:
- What should I wear to church?
- What are the service times?
- What are your beliefs?
- Do you have any classes for children and youth?
- What type of music will I hear?
- I have more questions, how can I contact you?
- What is your worship like?
- How are monetary donations used?
- What is your affiliation?
- What is the history of Victory Tabernacle?
What should I wear to church?
We believe that serving God acceptably with reverence and godly fear includes not only reverence to God, but also for His sanctuary and respecting others. (Hebrews 12:28 ; Leviticus 19:30)
It is because of these beliefs that we prefer attendees to dress in their best, modest attire.
*However, we will not make you feel unwelcome if you do otherwise.
What are the service times?
Sunday Morning - 9:30 am (This is a two part service)
Sunday School with Mrs. Hoover - 9:30 am
Enrichment with Rev. Yohn - 10:45 am
Sunday Evening - 6:00 pm
Wednesday Night - 7:00 pm
Do you have any classes for children and youth?
Yes. During Adult Sunday school (9:30-10:40 am) and during the Wednesday Night service (7:00-9:00 pm) we offer classes for Children ages 5-10 and for youth ages 11-16.
What type of music will I hear?
The congregational songs that we sing are the old hymns. The selections of the Choir and of those that sing specials are more contemporary. An organ, piano, accordion and guitars provide our musical accompaniment.
What is your worship like?
During worship the Gifts of the Spirit are exercised among believers as the Holy Ghost permits. (1 Corinthians 12)
We believe that music and singing are important parts of worship and as such, they are an integral part of our services.
(2 Chronicles 5:13)
We believe in the raising up of hands as the evening sacrifice and in the lifting up of our voices in praise to God.
(Psalm 141:2 ; 1 Chronicles 15:16)
We are blessed to have leadership that does not adhere to a strict program. They are sensitive to the moving of the Holy Spirit and let God have guidance over every service.
However, we also believe that there is a time and a place for everything. God is not the author of confusion and so all things must be done decently and in order. (Ecclesiastes 3:1 ; 1 Corinthians 14:33 ; 1 Corinthians 14:40)
How are monetary donations used?
The monetary contributions to Victory Tabernacle are allocated into three separate funds.
- Missions Fund (We support home and foreign Missionaries)
- Building Fund (For the maintenance of our house of worship)
- General Fund (For the support of our Ministers and guest speakers)
Contributors are encouraged to specify for which fund their offering is intended.
What is your affiliation?
We are the mother church of Vineyard Tabernacle; a Pentecostal fellowship that was established in 2012.
What is the history of Victory Tabernacle?
- 1996: Our founding members began holding weekly services in a family home.
Later that year, we rented our church building (which was eventually purchased) and began renovations.
- 1997: We adopted our name, Victory Tabernacle.
- 2001: Our cornerstone was placed and we dedicated the church.
- 2013: We became affiliated with Vineyard Tabernacle.
From our humble beginnings to the present, we have endured many heartaches; but thru it all, we have remained Victorious!